28.9.10

Fashion Pop

Oh yeah, it’s starting soon, Pop Montreal !!
I love this festival. My expectations and activities are different every years and somehow, this ninth edition will make me discover more arts and symposium than music. I am still going to go see some bands, but not like I use to. Maybe the fact that I am totally broke play on this decision...
Anyway, I am pretty sure it is going to be an amazing 5 days.

On Wednesday, I am attending Fashion Pop, who returns with a fresh selection of local up-and-coming design talent. I wasn’t able to go last year, but this time -with my too much times off- there is no reason for me this miss that event.
The fashion show will feature the work of 6 fashion designers on the rise, each presenting a 6 look mini-collection to a panel of judges working in the industry. This year's show will feature mini-collections from Market Market by tessier+vinuela, Prototype by Catherine Durocher, José Manuel St-Jacques, & many others by Caroline Laquerre, Natasha Thomas and THIRD EYE by Dessaivre.

I am really curious about the work of José Manuel St-Jacques. I see this guy often in my neighbourhood and everyday glamour is indeed what you think when you see him. Also, the fashion is going to be at possibly one of the most visually stunning of major local venues, the Rialto Theatre. I live on Parc Avenue and I pass in front of this beautiful building almost every day so I am thrill to see what it look like inside. The venue was close for three years, the revitalized Rialto promises to once again reclaim its stature as one of the most glorious mid-sized venues this city has to offer. Can't wait to see that...

Speaking of fashion, I have an interview on Thusdays for the Conseillère/ Gestion boutique job...
Yes, yes yes !!!

Aucun commentaire: