29.9.10

Me and Vernissage...

I love going to vernissage, everyone who knows me can tell. Every week, since almost three years, I go to opening galleries, stores, book lunchs... name it and I’m there. They are usually on Thursday night and I am lucky enought to live close to a bunch of galleries, so I kind of pretend its on my way home...
In Pop Montreal festival, I'm in haven because there are a lot of vernissages. It all starts tomorrow with a triple launch night at Yves Laroche galery : Self published/ Publish and Par Chemin
Shit, there is going to be a lot of people, but I think it is worth it to go. I love art-graphic books and magazine so this exhibition will be very interesting for me. I am a zinemaker-lover, so I am very curious about the Self published event. The exhibition contextualizes the work of local designers and artists within a growing international community interested in the artistic qualities of fine, small-edition publishing. I really like the work of the collective French Fourch, I like the way they play with humor in their designs. Snap Magazine will also be presenting something.
 Friday, I am going to An exhibition featuring North American rock poster artists, The Birth of Art at the dead of the vinnyl. The exhibition is about stunning concert posters from Dominique Pétrin, Nomn Ryn, Dirty Donny, Day Gristle, Sweet Grognasse, Aimée Van Drimelen, Alan Forbes andMarielyne Tarabulsy.
I love well done music posters so this event look interesting to me. I was also happy to learn that this event will be the launch of art shows at the Death of Vinyl record store and there is going to be many more to come.

Aucun commentaire: