3.10.10

A part of my Pop aventure

Wouah... I am starting to feel a bit exhausted with all the events I went to. Each day has been filled with lots of walking, drinking, talking, and eating latenight snacks... Yet all of this has been so much fun so far that I cannot complain.

I did too many things this past Friday to blog; but assure you I had a blast. Yesterday was a great day which began with a trip to Puces Pop and it seemed like there was a good selection of new vendors. It also seemed that everyone in Montreal decided to go at the same time. It was insanly packed! I only walked through three aisles and I would get stuck blocked by the other craft hungry folk it sometimes seemed impossible to move forward ah!!

Yet to reflect on those crowds now it is indeed a good thing. It`s a clear sign that there are more and more art/craft lovers in Montreal and the event is now reaching a point that has prooved this concept really is a successful part of POP. On the flispide it could also mean the organizers should reconize this and think of a bigger venue next year... it would be a fundemental change but might be neccessary for the growth of the event.
Shortly after leaving the masses of craft crowds I headed to Phonopolis, a nice mile end record shop just in front of my house on Parc avenue. (also very convenient to drop off our goodies we both bought and layer up because it was getting cold!!). The record store always seems to do a series of free shows for Pop Montreal in their tiny basement and lucky me, the Silly Kissers were doing a free afternoon concert. It is the second time I experience listening to a concert there and every time, I get that small fear of not being able to escape and being stuck there! It was pack, no air and I couldn’t see much, but I am such a fan of Silly Kissers music that it was worth it.

After that, on our way to POP headquarters the Notman House for a vernissage and some free shows, we stopped at the Ukrainian Federation Basement for Record Fair. Lots of great vinyls new and old,  beers and a nice art installation.

On our way home we walked back from Sherbroke all the way to Bernard and I couldn't help but feel very lucky to live here in Montreal and to be able to enjoy the Pop Festival. It was so nice to see so many people dressed crazy, running around venue to venue, seeing great shows, and having a full day to discover, explore and have fun with music, art and film.

Aucun commentaire: