27.10.10

Tomorrow is... Thursday's vernissage!

There are days when nothing happens and there are days when everything happens.
For me, it has been so far a week of everything and that’s why I didn’t have time to blog. I am still adapting to my new schedule of being a working girl and I been passing my nights finishing this dress and my Halloween costume...
I just want to take a moment to talk about my next vernissage which is this Thursday; because I think it is going to be a fun night. The event will be in my favourite book store in Montreal; Drawn & Quarterly and it will showcase a double book launch of two writer/journalist/artists that I discovered this summer: Sheila Heti and Leanne Shapton. I am super curious about the book of Heti : How Should a Person Be?
This novel is described as being an autobiography of the mind, a postmodern self-help book and I love those kinds of books! I find it very interesting the mix up of fiction/no-fiction combined with topics such as art, friendship and sex.You can read the prologue here if your still not sure of coming.


The other author is Leanne Shapton, As soon as I discovered her I right away fell in love her the novel: Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry. Her book tells the story of a hopeful young New York couple and their four-year relationship almost completely through their things. I highly recommend this book, you should look at it...
Well, tomorrow she will be launching her new book which looks more artistic and seems to be all about paintings. If you never have been to a vernissage night a D&Q, I think Thursday is the perfect evening to do it. See you there

Aucun commentaire: