24.1.11

My three meal courses

Mon amoureux and I play Rummy almost every weekend and we love it.

It is always more entertaining when you can win or lose something when it comes to playing the game. So in the last couple of months we decided to do a big tournament. The first to collect 120 points was deemed the loser. Since we have had bets before; winning was usually gained a date to favorite or new restaurant on the losers bill. This time we wanted to make it different this time; mainly to keep with a new year resolution to eat out less. So the conclusion was the looser would have to cook a three course meal for the winner on an agreed date.

And I won !!!

So this Saturday was my big dinner and I was really happy and quite surprised on how my boyfriend handled it. It all started with the appetizer: a salad with a homemade dressing that was made by a mix of broccoli, strawberry,balsimic vinger and sun dried tomatoes. It was served with amazing large grilled spiced with piri- piri scallops and topped off with fresh blue cheese. The combination of all those fresh ingredients was perfect.


The main dish was a filet sole with potatoes and spicy small jalapenos stuff with feta cheese (did I mentioned it was highly spiced?). The meal was delicious but it had a strong, slightly devious personality. We had a very good wine to compliement the  meal. The fish was melting in my mouth but the jalepnos were too much to finish eating. Which was fine because I still had to have dessert...

Too bad we forgot to take a picture of the actual dessert which was a incredible home made hot chocolate with whisky! Wow it was so good, so rich and warm and amazing, and I can continue decribing how rich and good it was forever.. Anyway  it was served with homemade Pilsbury (can I use the term homemade in that regards?) chocolate chip cookies.


It was a remarkable night, I was really delighted to see my man running the kitchen and of course, me doing nothing in the kitchen (not even the cleaning) that is always enjoyable.

We decided to choose the same goal for our next Rummy...
Hopefully, I’ll win again, i`ll keep you posted.

Aucun commentaire: