10.11.10

Expozine 2010 is coming soon !!!

Expozine, Montreal’s annual small press, comic and zine fair, will take place on Saturday, November 13 and Sunday, November 14 at 5035 St-Dominique (Église Saint-Enfant Jésus). This incredible event brings together nearly 300 creators of all kinds of publications– from books to zines to graphic novels and comics – in both English and French. Expozine has become one of North America's largest small press fairs, attracting thousands of exhibitors from across Canada, the U.S. and Europe.



It is going to be my third year participating and I am already thrilled! I love this event like crazy, everything is fun; the ambiance, the people, the zines trade... I still have a lot to do before Saturday-it is kind of scary when I think of all the work I need to do - but my boyfriend who is also participating at Expozine is in the same boat as me. So no Thursday vernissage for me and my next nights will be filled with cutting, gluing, folding and finally stapling!
A month ago I joined an online group call “We Make zines”; it is a really cool website if you plan on making a zine. I have learned good tips on such items as: Where/How do you print? How to display your table when you do a fair? How to distribute more your zine and much more that can be of help. Yet the part I prefer is all the possibility of collaborations you can do. To explain; on this last Thursday I sent three of my zines to an exhibition in Denmark! I am excited about that and I wonder if there will be any positive repercussions... A link to my profil page here.

There is an opening party on Friday, November 12 at La Sala Rossa. I never been able to attend the party before because I am always stock at home making sure I am ready for the big two days of sales.

More details here.
The event is not to be missed!

Aucun commentaire: