20.12.10

I started my first day of Christmas vacation with an appointment with my dentist. I felt I needed a general cleaning and I thought it was a good occasion to have it done before Christmas.


I always feel a bit anxious and embarrassed when I’m going to the dentist; I’m afraid of how many bad teeth she will tell me I have, how much it’s going to cost me…

Yet what bothers me the most is the preachy dentist better then you attitude. They ask you how you have been doing with your dental hygiene and reprimand you for your bad habits. They give instructions with harsh voices and make you feel like a child. I understand it is technically their job and it helps me in the end it’s just not a pleasant experience. It makes me feel super shy even if I brush my teeth and pass the floss.

After all that my visit today went “okay” you could say. It turns out I have tree cavities and one really urgent to fix or it can turn into canal treatment to fix :(  so I need to return soon for the big visit...

Aucun commentaire: