8.12.10

Thank you Bradford Cox


Thank you so much Bradford or should I say fuck Sony?

Oui, oui I am talking about Atlas Sound, the solo moniker of Deerhunter frontman / provocateur Bradford Cox.This was like an early Christmas gift for me and I was very grateful about it. I was dying to hear the new music from him and other bands on the recently released mixes. But fuck, those stupid Sony people removed 3 of 4 mixes!

Cox “published” four volumes of demos on his blog, entitled "Bedroom Databank". Sadly, these demos were taken down from Mediafire by Sony and then they later apologized to Cox, stating that they "were mistakenly removed"...

After releasing four albums' worth of demos last week,  Bradford  was hit with copyright-police e-mails by Sony Music, which deleted three of the four volumes of his Bedroom Databank series. The Sony e-mail-- copied and pasted on Cox's site-- claims, "The specific reason for the removal was: unauthorized reproduction and distribution of copyrighted sound recordings owned or exclusively distributed by Sony Music."

"Apparently Sony Music owns my bedroom," writes Bradford Cox on Pitchfork.

Aucun commentaire: