15.2.11

An Island


AN ISLAND - 3rd TEASER - Vincent Moon & Efterklang from Rumraket on Vimeo.

Tomorrow night, before going to see this show, I will attend the launch of an Island, a movie by Vincent moon at D &Q. This original music performance film is also an abstract documentary about a band and an island. From what I read about it, the objective was to shoot a film with the same length of an album. The movie was done in an intense four days and the group-Efterklang collaborated in that same time frame with more than 200 local musicians, kids and their own parents.

I never heard this band before, I heard they are sing on the same label as Deerhunter- which is always a good thing for me- but the trailer look interesting and I really need to discover new music. Plus, I always enjoyed a launch at Drawn & Quarterly so why not going?

You can know more about this event here

Aucun commentaire: