12.2.11

Tapas à la Dumas

Last Thursday was a significant night for my Rummy competition. We need it good finger foods to stay calm and it was also a tricky way to distract my partner…

I started with one of my classic; the roasted butternut squash. I am really in love with this simple, healthy and seasonal dish. I both some polenta for the first time and polenta was not something I ate growing up and I have recently begun to eat it in restaurants so I wanted to use it in my cooking. I was not so sure what do to with it so I end up trying two ways of cooking it; here the polenta was mix with spicy pimentos sauce, dip in breadcrumbs and cook in the oven.


In the second version, I coated the polenta in pesto and sautéed in a bit of olive oil with garlic and spinach. I served with caramelize onion, sundry tomatoes, chorizo and a bit of lemon mayo (I was affraid it could be dry). Wow, the result was amazingly good!


The last part of the meal, which I kind of call “Tapas à la Dumas” was mini pizza made on pita bread with pesto, avocado, mushroom stuffed with feta and old strong cheddar. It was crazy good delicious!


But the best part of this fun night was definitely the fact that I didn’t lose the Rummy tournament! Okay, I am really close to it, but the last round will be play this weekend…

Aucun commentaire: